welcoming guest

Saturday, December 8, 2012

An Expository/Description Essay: Room Sweet Room


"Room Sweet Room" 

Voila la description de ma chambre!  
This is it, my room sweet room in my house. Before entering my bedroom, you will see a door. This is not a common door. This door is a portal for entering a magical room. I am not telling you a joke. Seriously, this is a miraculous portal, because there is a sign on the door writing “Please say the spell before enter!” and “Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus”. It means “a dragon is sleeping, do not disturb!” I made this sign when I was in junior high school, because my little brother and sister were used to disturb me when I was studying in my room, or entered my room without knocking.

My bedroom smells so magical with the existence of many Harry Potter stuffs. Well, after passing a portal, you can see the view of my miraculous room. On the left of the portal-door, you can see my double-bed with two pillows, one bolster and a thick blanket. The pattern of my bed is American flag, while the pillows and the blanket are black-orange stripes. For your information, I love my lovely, smelly bolster so bad, because it is my sleeping-and-watching-TV buddy. The bolster is called as Amy—an abbreviation of America—because the pattern is also an American flag. If you sleep on my bed, but then you change your sleeping position to face the wall, you will see many Harry Potter posters, and printed photographs of Manchester United, Spiderman, Albert Einstein and some musicians.

In front of my bed, there is a steel wardrobe stands where I put and hang my clothes. The length is 2 meters and the height is about 1.5 meters. Then, on the right side of the wardrobe, there is a soft, charming divan, even though it is not made from golden goose feather. The divan is facing down the window, so that when I sit on the divan, looking for some nice inspirations to write short stories on my book, I can feel the smell of dancing twilight winds always breeze through this window or the curtain is touching my hair.

Take a look at the front of the divan, and you will see a yellow wooden rack. The rack consists of three parts: the upper, the middle and the lower part, where on the upper part, I put my books and a lot of disgusting files and a framed photo of my favorite actor when I was a teenager, Daniel Radcliffe. Unlike the upper part, the middle and the lower part are used for putting all of my collection of Harry Potter stuffs: magazines, DVDs, articles, pins, a jacket, a golden snitch, a spell book, and a nostalgic seventh novel of Harry Potter. This is the only one novel of Harry Potter series which I have. That is why I love this novel very much. It always reminds me to my kind-hearted dad. Formerly, I did not want to collect and read Harry Potter novels, because the books were too thick. But when I was on the third grade in junior high school, I asked my father to buy me a Harry Potter novel because the first launch of the seventh series was in my birthday. But daddy rejected it. I was so disappointed, and then I refused to study well in a school, even though the National Examination was getting closer. What I did was scowling at dad. Then, after several days, my dad told me that he agreed to buy me one but if I wanted to study harder and I could pass my exam with satisfying scores. I knew that my father bought me the novel several days before the exam, but he kept it in his room, so that I could not read it, even touch it. I promised to myself that I would do my best, and I would not cheat when I did my exam. Finally, I got satisfying scores on exam, and my dad gave me the novel, and hugged me tight. I could not deny that that moment was touching. Therefore, I will be so sad when every time I see the novel. That is why I never let anybody to borrow it.

Close the novel, close my description. Now you know about my miraculous bedroom.

The magic ends! Room sweet room. 
Created by: Anitableau
(based on Anitableau’s room)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment